Monday 20 May 2013

Sights and sounds of the Stonemaiden studio ~ Part 1 ~ Know Who You Are

Hair of the moon-dog!! ~ truly I am the worst blog-keeper in all christendom!  ..... it is an appallingly long time since I've updated this .... but I am filled with fresh resolve to do better!

 ~ to that end, I begin a series of *today in the studio* type of entries .... since this is what most of my days consist of, I thought it best to share, what I really have to offer, so; snapshots of Stonemaiden HQ, glimpses of what I'm working on, and an earful of the sounds that help keep me going! ~ so welcome, delighted to have your company..... and here's what's happening today!







Cheery tulips, brought by my friend Carol, brightening the work table.


Some of the tomes I'm currently delving into for reference and inspiration/theiving! 

Carel, the dragon, one of the many guardians of Stonemaiden HQ! 

...currently guarding some tasty slabs of vinyl!



My VIP pass from FaerieWorlds festival, last Summer, in Oregon, where I met the wondrous Donovan, 'twas a dream come true! 




Trusty Wharfdales, inherited from my dad.

Poppies, dried by the fair hand of my friend Lina, and sent from Yorkshire, miraculously intact! 


Transferring a drawing to stretched paper, for a commission portrait I'm starting today.

What studio is complete without a skull or two?

Compilation tapes, an essential artistic resource!

Compilation tapes, an essential artistic resource!

Flyer for a cute local, hippy tea-house I want to have an exhibition in, if they'll have me!




A pair of princes, adorning my plasticky stereo!



Ancient and somewhat wobbly easel!

Pleasingly eclectic reading materials, or shocking, slovenly disorder .... 's all in the eye of the beholder! 

Some further afternoon listening ~ fabulous comp, kindly made me for me by my brother, his tapes ROOL!!

Some further afternoon listening ~ fabulous comp, kindly made me for me by my brother, his tapes ROOL!!




Some further afternoon listening ~ fabulous comp, kindly made me for me by my brother, his tapes ROOL!!

Track-list

Track-list


Starting to get some paint on

mmmm.... love a bit of green-gold and prussian blue, together!


... and, the artist, more or less perpetually perplexed, to one degree or another! ... but striving on regardless....


9 comments:

  1. how fun and wonderful to see you post here! i loved having a glimpse into your studio, music and the art you are working on... perhaps i will have to do something similar some day.

    sending a brilliant spring smile to you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah! ~ thanks so much for commenting Tammie! ~ and I'd absolutely love to have a nose round your studio!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice read lady :) so true nice to have a sneeky peek in your working environment, oh the joys of mix tapes!!!
    keep up the good work and the motivation to keep your blog alive it's great to see your works in progress <3

    masses of love and light xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisa-Marie! ~ how nice to hear from you! ~ thanks for visiting m' lovely, and you are SO right, mix-tapes are such a source of joy, and must be celebrated and championed!! ~ Do come again, dear girl, there will be more soon, honest!! ;) xxx

      Delete
  4. Yaay, good to see you blogging again Julia. It's not easy juggling so many things and blogging sometimes comes last, but I too am trying to do better. Love your studio :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to be back! ~ it's weighed on my mind, leaving the blog rather abandoned, so long! ~ indeed, it is just the perpetual struggle to juggle all the various projects and schemes! ..... I'm very much enjoying having a virtual open-studio though! ~ a gas to have visitors! ;)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful to take a glimpse into your magickal world, my dear.... Especially liked seeing your table where you do your painting... (to see where the magic happens!!!!)
    Love and Hugs!!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grand to have your company dear boy! ~ I'll brew you some licorice tea, and play you a record or two, while you look around! ;) xxx

      Delete
  6. Hi, Thanks for the nosey - keep up the good work and hope you are enjoying it ! SK x

    ReplyDelete